Thursday, January 25, 2007

16/1/07 - Day 20

I woke up not feeling quite right in the stomach - and hoped to God I hadn't got the tummybug. I played it safe, and stayed in the hotel, which was lucky, as lavatorial conveniences were needed often! Inadvertently, it was nice to have a day to myself, even if I was in crampy-pain land. It also gave me a chance to update my blog, which was running very behind schedule.

In afternoon, I wondered up to St Mark's with Rajah and Helen Sherman.

We had a lovely Evensong, with a pretty full church, which was reassuring. Alistair accompanied us again, which was very nice of him, considering he had a 2+ hour train ride in each direction to get there. A HUGE spread was put on for us afterwards - lasagne, salad, the works. They had catered thinking 50 people would turn up, but apparently the number was closer to 150. Still, everyone was adequately fed and watered, and who should show up at the reception, but yes...my stalker! I tried hiding from him a few times, but it didn't really work. He did however, approach Neil and gave a ready sample of his singing ability, much to Neil's delight! I finally managed to shake him off and send him on his way.

Before leaving, I had a wonder round the interior of the church, which was sumptuously adorned with many objects, including a solid silver altar in a side chapel!





Their Rector, who spent some time in a parish in Perth as Curate gave a lovely speech, and then it was back to Woodie's! No karaoke though...






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home