Thursday, January 25, 2007

19/1/07 - Day 23

A day of exploring the shops in downtown San Fran, and some thoughts on the area in general.

There seemed to be a lot of homeless people around town, many with psychiatric problems. I mentioned this in passing to a few people, and apparently its because its one of the lowest taxing states in the country, and there's not enough money to allocate to services for both these (sometimes interconnected) problems.


Homeless people

Everyone seems to be either friendly towards you, or agressive, like you owe them something. I mean, come on!

There are a lot of hills. Thank goodness for cable cars!

--

I bought more DVDs and CDs - someone slap me. I must be mad. Back to the hotel to change for dinner. Sean suggested that for our last night together, it would be nice to have dinner down at Fisherman's Wharf. And right he was! Had a delicious steak with mash...and then a chocolate and coconut tart for dessert.

We decided to head to the Castro to check out some bars, whereupon I found my tummy was still not right (vomit). Back to the hotel with Sean. At least he was feeling a bit better! Last day together *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home