Friday, January 26, 2007

23/1/07||25/1/07 - Los Angeles-Sydney - Day 27

Our final day in LA, and what better way to spend it than ambling round one of those huge shopping malls with Ms Sherman. I didn't buy anything - just as well, too. When I packed my bags this morning, I could hardly close the zip! We went back to the hotel, where we had lunch in the café adjacent. Craig wondered past, saying that he was going to the local Starbucks, as he noticed there were a lot of attractive single men there! We ended up going there to pass time also, then it was onto the bus that would take us to the airport.




Santa Monica Boulevard at sunset on our final day


The group ready to load their luggage on the coach


Neil wishing us well for the journey back to Oz


The choked freeway on the way to the airport


It was fun and games at the check-in counter. My boarding pass said that I had to "Seek assistance at the gate for allocation of seating". Not a good sign! At the gate we found out that the flight had been overbooked by about 50 seats! If I hated United until now, I wanted them dead (but only after they assigned me a seat!). Because of the disaster with the seating, Kate Massey-Greene volunteered to take up their offer of spending an extra night in LA in a lovely hotel, plus a free upgrade to Business Class for the return leg of the journey. Lucky her! The flight was pretty uneventful, save for a crazy Asian lady in front of me who couldn't speak any English, but kept turning round to jabber at me in Engrish.


A quick spin through Duty Free, and then we were on home soil!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home