Friday, January 05, 2007

4/1/07 - Day 8

A nice sleep-in today, trying to rest my cold away. I managed to get some Cold & Flu talets, plus some echinacea, so hopefully I'll be back on board soon. Read a good chunk more of my Shostakovich book, before journeying into the city for Evensong. I was reassured when I ate BurkerKing for lunch, as it tastes just like it does back home! ;-)

We had an "all-Australian Evensong", with works by Belling, Drury and Boyd programmed, and Andrew MacMillan did a stunning job with the postlude - an improvisation on Advance Australia Fair...we were well outside the building by the time it finished, but the Trompette 8' on the Bombarde ensured we were not left out! Dinner in Soho with some friends afterwards capped off a rather fun day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home