Sunday, January 07, 2007

5/1/07 - Day 9

Caught up with friends again today...there's just so much to see in this town! Went to the Victoria and Albert Museum today - some really amazing stuff here. There's a whole room full of plaster casts - the one below is one of the bigger ones! They also have a rather cool collection of musical instruments on display, amongst other things.




Giant snot thing - scary!


Raining again, we then went to the London Eye. For those unfamiliar with it, it is a giant ferris-wheel-type structure on the South Bank, near the Westminster Bridge.


London Eye


Houses of Parliament Clock Tower, with Westminster Abbey behind


County Hall


Looking North

Then went to the Abbey to rehearse for the Epiphany Mass which went rather well! This was our final service in the Abbey. Fr Graeme again graciously invited us into his quarters for drinks and nibbles (I think I'll need a new liver upon my return to Australia!), after which we decided to hit the town. I met James O'Donnell, Organist and Master of the Choristers at the Abbey, and had a good chat and a few drinks with Trixie and himself at a pub in Soho. Then on to G-A-Y, one of London's premier gay (duh!) nightclubs. It was pretty good, but very crowded - I think there were more than 1000 people there! A few songs later, and I felt it prudent to leave - I was feeling tired, and a bit tipsy, plus I had an early start in the morning, as I'd planned to visit some friends in Oxford, and I'd be completing the journey by train.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home